* Are you having problems understanding, communicating with or getting cooperation from your children or teenagers?
* Are you having problems with your husband; wife or significant other?
* Do you often feel anxious, angry or depressed?
* Does your life seem to lack direction or meaning?
* Do you feel like you're losing control?
* Are you searching for those next steps to get your life or your family's life back on track?
* Are you interested in moving beyond past problems and toward future solutions?
If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, you and your loved ones may benefit from our services at the Family Counseling Center.
How Much Does it Cost?
Costs of providing counseling are significant, but: health insurance and funds from the United Way will help make it affordable. Our sliding fee scale is based on income, family size, and special circumstances. We accept most health care plans including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, ELMCO, GHI, North American, POMCO. Primary Health Plan, and RMSCO.
What is The Family Counseling Center?
Founded in 1994 by Family Services of Chemung County, Inc., The Family Counseling Center's state-licensed counselors provide individual, family, couples and group counseling services to people throughout the Chemung County area. Our mission is to provide excellent, efficient and affordable counseling services.
How Much Does it Cost?
Costs of providing counseling are significant, but health insurance and funds from the United Way will help make it affordable. Our sliding fee scale is based on income, family size, and special circumstances. We accept most health care plans including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, ELMCO, GHI, North American, POMCO, Primary Health Plan, and RMSCO.
How Does it work?
The Family Counseling Center uses a respectful, goal-oriented; even fun therapeutic model that focuses on your strengths and resources to help promote positive change. Our solution-focused approach usually requires fewer sessions than do traditional methods.
Where Do I Go?
We are conveniently located in downtown Elmira at 361 West Water Street, Elmira, NY 14905.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Appointments are confidential and are available days or evenings. Most sessions are 45 to 60 minutes..How Do I Get Started?
For an appointment or to get more information about our services just call us at: 607-737-4063
Counseling Services may be supplemented by Medication Therapy prescribed by a psychiatrist affiliated with the center.