Community Resources & Other Services
1019 EAST WATER STREET Our Home Care Services
In home services provided for area agencies and individuals, including:
- Personal Care
- Home Health Aides
- Contracts and fee for service
- Home inspection/supervision
We provide a wide array of community based outpatient mental health services for children, adolescents, adults and families, including health assessment, crisis intervention, psychiatric evaluation, medication therapy, individual, couples, family, and group therapies, symptom management and support, and case management.
- Crisis Intervention Services offers a mobile response team providing telephone and face-to-face crisis counseling and referral services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Urgent Care Services provide on-site and Emergency Room assessment for individuals in need of immediate mental health assessment, psychiatric evaluation, medication therapy assessment, and referral.
- General Clinic Services for identified mental health problems.
- Domestic Abuse, Sexual Abuse, and Trauma Treatment Programsserving individuals and families affected by abuse and trauma, including victims, survivors, and offenders; and promoting safety, communication, stress and anger management; relationship building and expansion of community resources.
- Community-Based Case Management Services for adults with serious and persistent mental illness in need of assistance in the areas of self care, social functioning, activities of daily living, economic self-sufficiency, and self-direction; for geriatric consumers in need of mental health consultation, and for mentally ill individuals upon release from jail.
Southern Tier Integrated Services (STIRS)
Day treatment for adults who are severely and chronically mentally ill, including evening programming and sliding fee scale.
Compeer Volunteer Program
"Big Brother, Big Sister" type programs offering volunteer friend matches for mentally ill people, including:
- Matching volunteers with adult consumers
- Family to Family
- Circle of Friends Program at area schools
- Recruitment & training of volunteers
- Ongoing professional Guidance
Family Services works with many area agencies along with many state and national entities
Housing, Skills, Independence:
• Arbor Housing & Development (607)654-7487 http://arbordevelopment.org
• Gateways Community Living/Catholic Charities (607)734-9784 http://cs-cc.org/.../gateways-community-living-program Assisting Individuals with Disabilities:
• Able2 (607)734-7107 http://wwww.able-2.org
• ACCESS-VR (607)734-5294 http://www.acces.nysed.gov/vr
• AIM Independent Living Center (607)962-8225 www.aimcil.com
• Capabilities, Inc. (607)734-2006 http://capabilities.org
• Pathways, Inc. (607)937-3200 http://www.pathwaysforyou.org
• The ARC of Chemung (607)734-6151 http://www.chemungarc.org Substance Abuse, Recovery:
• Trinity (607)737-5215 http://www.trinityofchemungcounty.org
• Salvation Army Elmira Citadel Our House Community Residence (607)734-0032 https://sobernation.com/listing/salvation-army-elmira-citadel-our-house-community-residence-elmira-ny/ Children/Adolescent Services:
• CIDS (Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Developmental Services) (607)733-6533 http://cidsfamilies.com
• CIS (Children’s Integrated Service) (607)737-5582 http://www.chemungcounty.com/index.asp?pageld=3
• Chemung County Youth Bureau (607)737-2907 http://chemungyouth.com
• Southern Tier Pediatrics (607)734-2264 http://www.stpeds.net Long Term Care, Aging, Hospice, Grief:
• CareFirst (607)962-3100 http://www.carefirstny.org
• Dept. of Aging & Long Term Care (607)737-5520 http://www.chemungcounty.com/index.asp?pageld=1 Health, Wellness, Community:
• Catholic Charities (607)734-9784 http://www.cs-cc.org
• EOP (Economic Opportunity Program) (607)734-6174 http://www.cseop.org
• Foodbank of the Southern Tier (607)796-6061 http://www.foodbankst.org
• Salvation Army (607) 732-0314 http://www.salvationarmy.org
• YWCA of Elmira (607)733-5575 http://ywcaelmira.org Chemung County Agencies & Information:
• Chemung County Social Services & Government Offices (607)737-5302 www.chemungcounty.com/index.asp?pageld=266
• Arounja for Chemung County http://chemungny.arounja.org
• Network of Care for Chemung County http://chemung.ny.networkofcare.org/mh/
• Brian Hart, Director of Community Services (607)737-5501 http://www.chemungcounty.com/index.asp?pageld=2 Hospitals:
• Arnot Odgen Medical Center (607)737-4100 http://www.arnothealth.org/arnot-ogden-medical-center
• Guthrie http://www.guthrie.org Other Area Mental Health Agencies:
• Elmira Psychiatric Center (607)737-4711 http://www.omh.ny.gov/omhweb/facilities/elpc
• Schuyler County Mental Health (607)535-8282 http://www.schuylercounty.us/mentalhealth.htm
• Steuben County Mental Health Center (607) 664-2255 http://www.steubencony.org/Pages.asp?PGID=30 New York State Healthcare:
• NYAPRS (New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services) http://www.nyaprs.org
• OASAS (New York State Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services) http://www.oasas.ny.gov
• OMH (New York State Office of Mental Health) http://www.omh.ny.gov/index.html Federal Healthcare:
• NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health) http://www.nimh.nih.gov
• SAMHSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration http://www.samhsa.gov Transportation:
• CTran (Chemung County Transit) (607)734-5211 http://ridectran.com/en
• Totem Taxi (607)734-6161
• IHS (Institute for Human Services) (607)776-9467 http://www.ihsnet.org Employment/Training/Education:
• ACCESS-VR (607)734-5294 http://www.acces.nysed.gov/vr
• BOCES (607)739-3581 http://www.gstboces.org
• Capabilities, Inc. (607)734-2006 http://capabilties.org
• CCC (Corning Community College) (607)962-9222 http://www.corning-cc.edu
• EOP (Economic Opportunity Program) (607)734-6174 http://www.cseop.org Hotline Numbers:
• Chemung County Crisis (607)737-5369
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
• New York State Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-942-6906
• Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1.
You can also contact Confidential Chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net
This is made available for veterans and their families.