E.A.P. Employee Assistance Program
550 East Church Street • Elmira, NY 14901
Fax: (607) 733-8333
What We Do:
- EAP of Family Services provides short-term counseling services, helping people discover solutions to stressful problems. These problems may be related to issues at home, in the community or in the workplace.
- Counseling services are provided to individuals, couples, adults, adolescents, children, families, and workplace groups.
- Common concerns include; depression, anxiety, bereavement, marriage and family issues, domestic violence, anger, substance abuse, financial stress and divorce.
- Comprehensive services include:
- Referral Services
- Management Training
- Human Resource Consultation
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
- Employee Training
- Substance Abuse Professional Services
Who We Are:
- EAP of Family Services is the largest and only not-for-profit EAP in Chemung County.
- EAP of Family Services contracts to approximately 60 companies and national EAP organizations involved in healthcare, banking, manufacturing, retail, education and insurance.
- EAP of Family Services is endorsed and promoted by the Chemung County Chamber of Commerce and St. Joseph’s Hospital Occupational Health Services.
- Our staff consists of New York State Licensed Mental Health Professionals.
Located at 550 East Church Street, Elmira, NY 14901
Key Contact: Marcia H. Hertzog, LCSW-R, CASAC
Telephone: (607) 737-1353
Fax: (607) 733-8333
- Reduces health insurance costs, employee absenteeism and turnover.
- Improves productivity and employee morale.
- Provides an opportunity for a troubled employee to seek help earlier rather than later. Often, when problems are not addressed promptly, they intensify, get worse, and becomes much more costly for the employer.
- Provides supervisor’s with a constructive way of dealing with employee problems.
- Helps retain valuable employees that otherwise would have been discharged.
- Improves employee relations with management. Consequently, the risk of lawsuits and other employment claims are significantly reduced.
- Shows employees that they are valued by the company.
- EAP services are free to covered employees (and family members).
- EAP services are confidential.
- EAP services are available to all family members living under the same roof.
- We are open five days a week. Monday through Thursday – 8:30 am to 7 pm. Fridays 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Emergency support is available after hours.
- Appointments are guaranteed within five days of initial contact. Emergency appointments are scheduled immediately.
- If longer term treatment is needed, we will refer client to appropriate services in the community.
- DOT Substance Abuse Certified